1. Do I need more than one estimate?
2. Can you match the paint color?
3. If my vehicle's frame is damaged, is it a total loss?
4. How long will the repairs to my vehicle take?
5. Can I get a ride home when I drop off my car?
6. How can I get a rental car?
7. How will I know when my car is done?
8. Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
9. Do I have to pay a deductible?
10. Who do I pay my deductible to?
11. What forms of payment do you accept?
12. What are betterment charges?
13. When can I wash my vehicle with fresh paint?
14. Which insurance coverage pays for damages to my vehicle?
15. Can I demand original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts in the repair of my vehicle?
16. My insurance company wants to use “used” , “remanufactured”, or “aftermarket parts.
What does that mean?
17. Can the insurance company make me to go to their claims center for an estimate?
18. Who pays the tow bill?
19. What should I do after an accident?
20. Do I need three estimates?
21. Will my vehicle be the same?
22. What should I do if my vehicle is totaled?
23. When is a rental car provided?
1. With our Bake Oven spray booth, the fresh paint is completely cured when you pick up. This means, you can wash and wax your car when ever needed. You may wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge. Always use clean fresh water and wash your vehicle in the shade. Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface. Do not "dry wipe" your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish. Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days. Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds. Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. Also, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface. Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish. Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface. Do not wax or polish the vehicle. This will allow the finish to dry and harden completely. (Top)
2. By law, you have the right to choose the repair shop you would like to repair your vehicle. We will work with any insurer to ensure the quick and efficient repair of your vehicle and processing of your claim. (Top)
3. Today's modern factory finishes incorporate multiple coats of highly specialized paints. We have made a major investment in the finest computerized paint mixing system available and constantly upgrade our equipment and database to ensure that each vehicle we paint matches the factory original color. We take special pride in our ability to match factory finishes as the final step in the restoration process. (Top)
4. No. A car is usually a total loss only when the price of repairs exceeds a high percentage of the insurance company's determined value of your vehicle. Nowadays, most cars are built using unibody construction (frame and body as one). Our experienced, certified technicians, utilizing our state-of the-art equipment, can return your vehicle to its pre-accident condition. If a frame section is bent beyond repair, that section can be replaced. (Top)
5. We can give you an estimate of the time it will take to complete the repairs to your vehicle. Things that can delay your repair are special order or backordered parts as well as hidden damage that will need to be identified, estimated and approved. (Top)
6. Yes, we would be happy to provide this service to you. We want each customer's visit to be a positive experience and will work diligently towards that goal. We also provide a pickup and delivery service. (Top)
7. If you need a rental car, we would be happy to assist you to make the necessary arrangements. Insurance companies will only pay for a rental car if you have that option on your policy or if you are the claimant. Check your policy and/or call your insurance company to find out if you have rental coverage and what your specific limitations are. (Top)
8. You will be notified when your vehicle is ready to be picked up. Feel free to call or e-mail your advisor during the repair process if you have questions or concerns. (Top)
9. Yes. Body Crafters guarantees all repairs with a Lifetime Warranty! (Top)
10. The amount of deductible that you will be responsible for is determined by your insurance policy. If you carry broad collision, and you were not at fault, your insurance company most likely will waive your deductible. Insurance companies determine fault by your account of the accident when you make the claim, and by reviewing the accident report filed with the police department. If you aren't sure about your deductible, you can call your agent and he can tell you whether your insurance company has waived your deductible or whether you will be responsible to pay this when you pick up your vehicle. (Top)
11. If you have a deductible, it will be your responsibility to pay us when you pick up your vehicle. If you aren't sure about your deductible, you can call your agent and he can tell you whether your insurance company has waived your deductible or whether it will be your responsibility. (Top)
12. The easiest and most convenient way to pay for your portion of the repairs to your vehicle is with a major credit card. We accept Visa and MasterCard. Of course, cash and bank-imprinted checks are also welcome. (Top)
13. Parts that wear out and need replacement with time and use (e.g. tires, batteries, and suspension parts) are commonly subject to betterment charges when they are replaced during the repair process. These betterment charges are determined by your insurance company and are pro-rated based on actual miles on your vehicle. (Top)
14. If you’re at fault in an accident (whether you’ve crashed into someone else or into a fence), you’ll need collision coverage if you want your repairs covered. If you don’t have collision coverage, you’ll need to pay for repairs out of your own pocket. Some drivers drop collision coverage when their cars get older because the potential cost of fixing them is more than the value of the cars.
If someone else crashes into you, their liability insurance must pay for repairs to your vehicle. This is called a "third-party" claim because you’re making a claim on their insurance. If you live in a "no-fault" state, you always make a claim on your own policy no matter who is at fault. (Top)
15. Yes, you can always request original equipment manufacturer parts after you've had an accident. (Top)
16. All insurance companies use used, or salvage parts for repairs to vehicles. Body Crafters is very particular about any used parts that are used on your vehicle and will ensure that they are of the highest quality before using them on your vehicle.
Remanufactured parts are typically bumper covers or headlights that are OEM (original equipment maker…ex. GM, Toyota, Ford, etc). They have been professionally repaired and the fit and quality are good. Again, Body Crafters is very quality conscious and you can be assured, we are very particular about the parts we use on your vehicle.
Aftermarket parts are parts made by a different company than the OEM parts and are replicas of the originals. Typically there is not a problem with fit or quality, as Body Crafters only uses CAPA certified parts, but if there is, we will return them to the company and contact your insurance company to get acceptable parts right away.
Be assured that whatever type of parts your insurance company requires to be used, Body Crafters is committed to providing you, the customer, with a quality repair you will be happy with. (Top)
17. No. You can drop the vehicle off at the shop of your choice and they will schedule an insurance adjuster to come out. If you do go to their claims center, accept the estimate and the check they give you.
However, do not sign anything that states you accept their check as payment in full. The insurance company realizes the repair shop may call with additional damage costs.(Top)
18. Body Crafters will contact the insurance company to get authorization for any additional repairs and will email photos and documentation directly to the insurance company. This creates the least amount of time and inconvenience for you, the customer. (Top)
19. Get the name of the person(s) driving the other vehicle(s) involved along with their phone number, driver's license, vehicle license, insurance information. Also try to obtain any witness' name and number. Note the location, time and date. And, if you have a camera, take pictures. IMPORTANT: If the person(s) driving the vehicle(s) involved is unwilling to provide this information or if they do not have a driver's license and insurance, then you should notify the police and your insurance agent immediately.
Contact the shop of your choice and have them set up a tow or appointment to get your vehicle in the shop. If you need alternative transportation and have rental coverage or the other party's insurance is paying the bill, Body Crafters is happy to set up the rental for you.
Contact the Insurance Company responsible and let them know where the vehicle is and/or where it is going and ask for a claim number. If the Insurance Company wants to examine your vehicle at your house or in their claims center, you have the choice of doing this, or you can inform the Insurance Company that you are dropping the vehicle at the shop of your choice and they can see the vehicle there. Remember, you're free to choose.
Call the shop and give them the claim number. From this point on, Body Crafters will negotiate on your behalf to insure that your vehicle will be returned to pre-loss condition. (Top)
20. No. Wisconsin law states your only obligation is to choose the shop of your choice and inform the insurance company where the vehicle is going. (Top)
21. Body Crafters guarantees all repairs for as long as you own the vehicle, so you can always be assured of your complete satisfaction. Reputable shops have the kind of facility, equipment, personnel and training to restore your vehicle to pre-loss condition. Experts can always find indications of a repair. This doesn't mean it was not repaired properly, but since shops do not have the same equipment available that the manufacturers have, shops cannot replicate the manufacturer's work exactly. However, your vehicle will be esthetically and structurally equal to its pre-accident condition. (Top)
22. The Insurance Company responsible for your claim must pay for the cost of an equal replacement vehicle or provide you with a replacement vehicle. It is their choice. (refer to New Hampshire Law) The Insurance Company may offer you a dollar amount for your vehicle (less the pre-agreed upon amount of your deductible). If you do not feel this is an adequate amount, you will need to substantiate your claim for a higher dollar amount with independent written evidence showing the worth of a similar vehicle (year, model, mileage, condition and options) in the same market area. The market area may be local or regional depending upon the number of vehicles for sale in the area. Searching the internet for vehicles for sale in your area is a great way to do this
Remember, upon extension of their offer to you, the Insurance Company has fulfilled its obligation and can at that time stop payment for rental car expenses. If your vehicle is totaled, visit your local dealerships or go online and obtain information that substantiates your claim of what you believe your vehicle is worth. (Top)
23. If you are an insured, check with your insurance provider. Some people have rental coverage on their policy and some do not. Your insurance agent will be able to give you this information quickly.
If you are a third party claimant (another person’s insurance is paying for the damages to your vehicle), that insurance company will pay for your rental car while your vehicle is being repaired. Body Crafters will set up a rental car to be dropped off at our shop so you can get it when you drop off your vehicle for repairs and you can leave it at our shop when you pick your own vehicle back up…no hassles to you! (Top)
Sometimes you have a small dent or ding on your vehicle that needs fixed. Find out more about our great service.
Call us first after your accident so we can ensure your vehicle is correctly repaired and your insurance claim is done right.
© Copyright Body Crafters Auto Body Repair, Inc. All Rights Reserved.